Don’t let these little guys intimidate you! They’re actually super simple to make. Here are the steps:
1. Trim and prepare the fresh artichokes:
2. Brush the artichokes with olive oil. Then place them cut-side-up in a baking dish, or on a baking sheet.
3. Fill the artichoke cavities with garlic and herbs. We recommend packing these as full as possible for maximum flavor. Then season with salt and pepper.
4. Flip the artichokes over. Then brush again with olive oil, season once more with salt and pepper. And…
5. Roast! First, uncovered for about 10 minutes, so that the edges can get browned and crispy. Then, remove the pan and cover loosely with foil, and let the artichokes continue to cook until they are tender. You will know that they are ready to go when the leaves pull off easily, and a knife can be smoothly inserted in the base of the stem. Cooking time will totally depend upon the size of your artichokes.
6. Drizzle with lemon juice. Once you pull the artichokes out of the oven, discard the herbs (or stir them into your dipping sauce for extra flavor). Give the artichokes one more squeeze of lemon juice, for good measure. And dig in!
Thank you gimmesomeoven.com for this amazingly delicious recipe! Visit their sight for many more.
Eating healthy and getting kids to eat their veggies can be challenging (or impossible), especially in today’s “grab and go” society … that’s where I come in. My passion is educating people on how to bridge the gap between the ideal diet of 7-13 servings of fruits and vegetables per day and REALITY.
Not only am I a 15-year Pilates professional, but I am also a partner with the Juice Plus+ company. Juice Plus+ is the most clinically researched nutritional product in the world (just as Siri!). This research has showcased the benefits of adding Juice Plus+ to your diet versus a placebo.
Are you ready to start your or your family’s health journey? Click HERE schedule your FREE personal consultation.